Thursday 12 November 2015

Heat Conditioning Cap vs Bonnet Hood Dryer

My regimen calls for deep conditioning twice a week and with heat. I currently use a silver bonnet hood dryer attachment which does the job except that I have to be stationary, which typically means the best time for my kids to need me. 




They also are attracted to the dryer's noise and love to poke at the inflated hood when in use ..I'm lucky to get a full 15mins lol.

So I ordered this microwaveable heat conditioning cap which arrived today. 







Features

  • Heat-Treat... The revolutionary Hair Conditioning Heat Cap. Simply pop in the Microwave for 2 minutes for the most deepest conditioning your hair would ever have had
  • One size cap to fit all (black) - Easily slips on and off whether you have short/medium/long hair
  • Comes with 3x Jenoris treatment sachet's so you can use Heat-Treat instantly
  • Keep cap on while working, cooking, getting ready for a night out, so easily to use when you are just around the house!
  • The heat from Heat Treat opens up your hair cuticles allowing conditioning treatments to nourish and replace moisture to the inner hair shaft


DIRECTIONS FOR USE: 
1.Dampen hair and then pat dry 
2.Comb through your selected hair treatment (you get 3 with this Heat-Treat offer) 
3.Warm Heat Treat in microwave for 2 minutes 
4.Place warmed Heat-Treat cap on your condition covered hair for a minimum of 3 minutes (for deep healing, you can keep the cap on for upto 20 minutes) 
5.Remove Heat-Treat Cap when suitable - and Voila... Rinse your hair and reveal your lovely treated hair 


This ticks all the boxes for me and I can't wait to use this for my next wash. 

Updated 18/11/2015
I used the heat cap on my shampoo wash day. After I applied my protein prepoo , I microwaved the heat cap for 2 mins on high,  and placed it on my head. The heat cap is a bit heavy and not as light as a shower cap. 

Being used to the continous heat produced by my bonnet hood dryer , I didn't feel the heat from the heat cap at all. I found myself lifting the cap up to feel the inside of the cap as I couldnt tell if it was hot or not. It took about 20 mins to cook off completely. For the deep conditioning after shampooing,  I microwaved it for 2.5 mins and that was perfect, I felt the heat all over my head. By 20 mins, it still has some heat left in it.

I love the fact that I could move about , go about my business whist my hair was being pampered  (without blazing heat :-D) and my kids didn't even notice!





I thought the heat cap would be a replacement for my bonnet hood dryer but no, I shall be using the heating cap for its ease and the bonnet dryer when I really need an intense deep conditioning treatment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment