Thursday 5 November 2015

2 Week Update

I have been following my healthy hair regimen for 2 weeks now and can say my hair is definitely healthier than it was prior to starting the hair journey. I'm still learning a lot about my hair and how it reacts to the various products and techniques.

So far my favourite product is the Elasta QP Intense Fortifying Hair Conditioning Treatment which I use as a moisturising deep conditioner. (Directions After shampooing, apply intense by massaging in from roots to ends. Gently comb evenly to distribute. Rinse. For dry hair leave-on for 10 minutes using plastic cap. Rinse thoroughly with warm water.)




This was one of the first products I bought when I started my hair journey and as it was mid week already, I decided to quickly create my current regimen , used it on its own on dry hair and covered in a plastic cap for about an hour, without heat . I immediately noticed whilst rinsing my hair that it felt stronger and there was no hair being washed out. I then proceeded to co-wash with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration conditioner. I like the fact that this product is infused with olive oil, avocado oil and coconut oil amongst other good ingredients.


My hair is left feeling soft and moisturised afterwards, whether used on its own or mixed with some of my oils, with or without heat ( I now use always with heat and add at least one oil e.g olive oil, castor oil). I wish it comes in a size bigger than 354ml because I use it twice a week but I will definitely be buying it again. 

Some things I have learnt;

  • Moisturising and sealing my hair in 4 sections leaves the inner regions of my hair still dry, 8 sections work best for me.
  • I usually leave deep conditioner in my hair for as long as possible (hours), and I get itchy scalp when rinsed out. So now I make sure not to apply the conditioner to my scalp but to roots and ends only.
  • My hair can not take a generous amount of the Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in conditioner. I had to wash it off my hair the first time I used it.




No comments:

Post a Comment