Monday 21 December 2015

My December - January Protective Style

I planned to get a weave installed for the winter months but after taking out my mini braids and having a week resting time, I changed my mind.  The reason is that I really enjoyed being able to treat my owm hair whilst wearing a protective style, without any extensions getting in the way.

So I opted for cornrows this time.  This healthy hair journey has definitely  changed the way I see my hair and my thinking too. In the past I wouldnt have ever considered cornrows without extensions but here i am now wearing them with pride.


When I had my mini braids I followed every step of my current regimen. By the end of the 5 weeks, the ends of my hair were getting tangled because I was washing 3 times in a week.

So I have decided to make a few changes; 

  • Wear these cornrows for maximum 4 weeks 
  • Wash and deep condition once a week. (protein deep conditioning - shampoo - moisturising deep conditioning )
  • Include a mid week cowash only if necessary 
  • Overnight baggying 2 - 3 times a week to help with moisture





No comments:

Post a Comment