Thursday 29 October 2015

My First Steps To A Healthy Hair Journey


There's a wealth of information out there on growing healthy hair and I spent a lot of time researching. (I cut down on my Facebook time and focused on my hair :-D) 

Time to apply what I've learnt so far..

What was I doing wrong?

My regimen was all over the place (did i just call it a regimen?) , retouched twice a year, had weaves/ braids in for at least 3 months, washed whenever i felt like it, rarely deep conditioned, greased my scalp regularly (that i did :-D) and for moisturising and sealing ..(eh what ? )

My current products had to be reviewed 




ORS uplifting shampoo 

I've come to realise that the only shampoo I  had and used was a clarifying shampoo, which would have made my already dry hair even drier. 

ORS Olive oil replenishing conditioner 
ORS hair mayonnaise

I deep conditioned maximum 3 times a year and without heat (didn't understand the importance of heat deep conditioning ), had no moisture treatment either.
 No wonder my hair wasn't healthy. 



Luster's Pink oil moisturizer hair lotion contains mineral oil and petrolatum.  Indian hemp hair and scalp treatment has its first ingredient as petrolatum. These I immediately stopped using. 

 ORS olive oil incredibly rich oil moisturising hair lotion

It was now time to shop for new products.
.
Herbal Essence hello hydration conditioner as a co-wash conditioner. 

Elasta QP intense fortifying conditioner as a moisture treatment. 


Kera Care 1st lather shampoo is a sulfate free clarifying shampoo


Jamaican black castor oil 


Cantu shea butter leave in conditioner 


Creme of nature argan oil sulfate free moisture and shine shampoo


Virgin Coconut oil

Next step was to build a regimen that would work for me.  







No comments:

Post a Comment