Tuesday 27 October 2015

How It All Started


My last relaxer was on the 29th of May 2015, 2 weeks after having a baby girl :-).

Then had kinky twists done about a week after relaxing and kept them in for almost 4 months (over did it this time because the twists looked even better with time plus new baby). I did wash my hair a couple of times with shampoo, greased my scalp and used oil spray occasionally.

When the twists came out there were knots everywhere .I can't remember dealing with that many knots before, so I took to Google to find out ways of detangling knots after braids . .that led to the beginning of my hair journey... .one search led to another and the rest is history.  I stumbled upon a lot of black hair care information and for the first time ever came across the term 'healthy hair'.

I used to think it wasn't possible for black hair to grow beyond shoulder length  (not that mine has ever got there but my sister's has). I just didn't think it was possible and even if it was,  my hair "naturally" wasnt the type.
Thank God for google and you tube,  I've  now come a long way in understanding the science of our black hair  (didn't think hair needed any studying ) in the last few weeks.
Healthy hair to me personally means
- being able to wash my hair without seeing half of my hair in the bath tub even when all I've done is run water through my hair.
- retaining length
- hair that doesn't feel or look dry all the time
- hair that can survive the UK dry weather
- hair that just wouldn't break so much when combed.




My mission is to get my hair to a healthy state and maintain it !

No comments:

Post a Comment